Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Challenge Yourself!

Recently, I have been looking for a new workout challenge. If you are like me, doing the same thing over and over again gets boring. My friend suggested a train for a 5K. At first I thought she was crazy. She's the kind of person who "accidentally" runs 10 miles when she just wants to go out and run six miles. Who does that? I've accidentally done a lot of things, but I have never accidentally run four too many miles!

I workout on a regular basis, but running is still something that eludes me. However, in honor of our Sippo Valley Rail Run coming up in September, I have decided to take up a training program. Seeing as my friend has really only become a runner in the last two years, I asked for her advice. She directed me here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml. It looks doable, so I am going to try it.

I am going to start the program next week and I'd like all you novices out there to train along with me. It's the perfect amount of time to train to run our 5K Sippo Valley Rail Run on September 26. We'll also have a 10K race that day for those of you with a little more running experience. Search the Internet to find out how to go from running a 5K to a 10K or how to improve your time!

Start your training now and let me know how your it  is going on twitter @massillon_rec so we can chat about our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment