Friday, May 28, 2010

Fun in the Sun Carnival

Last night was the sneak preview of our annual Fun in the Sun Carnival. Seeing all of the rides out my window makes me reminice about my childhood.

There was a similar carnival that would set up around the Cuyahoga Falls area that we went to a few times. Even though I was only 8 or so, I still remember how much fun it was. More than the rides, I remember just being outside and having fun with my family. We'd get greasy carnival food like funnel cakes and corn dogs and play those silly carnival games. I still remember when my mom, dad, sister and I challenged each other to climb the rope ladder to win a stuffed animal. None of us made it up to the top, but we sure did have a great time trying.

I think spending time with your family, no matter what you're doing, is one of the truly important and great parts in life. One of the things I love about being a recreation programmer is being able to provide these fun, family events and opportunities.

The Fun in the Sun Carnival will be at the Massillon Recreation Center Friday, May 28-Monday, May 31. Hours are 5-10 pm Friday, 1-11 pm Saturday & Sunday, and 12-8 pm on Monday. Ride tickets cost $1. Most rides require two tickets. You can also purchase a ride wristband for $15. There are 6 new rides this year! There are also carnival games and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment