Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Books Abound!

I don't know about you, but I am an avid reader. My favorite thing to do on my lunch break is go to the park, sit by the water and read a book. I don't read anything really worthwhile; it's more for entertainment. But given the chance, I would rather sit and read a book than watch TV.

I only read about 2 books a month, but I usually buy them and that can get pretty pricey. And I always wonder what to do with the books when I'm done since I'm not one to go back and re-read them. That's what originally gave me the idea to host a Community Book Swap at the Massillon Recreation Center. I figured I couldn't be the only one who thought that.

Turns out, I was right! We hosted our first book swap in September and collected 1244 books. Everyone who came wanted to know when we were doing another one. Spring is the perfect time so you can stock up on things to read for the summer. We have already surpassed the number of books brought in for the last book swap.

My office is almost overflowing!

We have romance novels, children's books, adult fiction and nonfiction, cook books, self-help books and almost anything else you can imagine. You can drop off your books for vouchers at the Massillon Recreation Center for the rest of the day today. Then on Thursday, you can come back and redeem your vouchers for new books. If you find more than you donated, you can also purchase books for 50 cents.

We'll definitely be hosting another book swap in September, so keep your eyes out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment