Thursday, November 5, 2009

Get Fit, Stark! Week 6 - Kinda Bored

It’s week 6 and I’m bored with the diet. It doesn’t feel new and fun and challenging anymore. Maybe it’s because I have been fortunate enough to lose so much weight so quickly or maybe it’s because most of my meals do not consist of actual food. Either way, it is just starting to get monotonous and I find myself wondering how this can go on for another four and a half months.


I guess my boredom comes from the lack of feeling challenged. In the beginning, staying on the diet and making healthy choices was very challenging. But in the last 6 weeks, I have conquered my habitual eating. I even passed out Halloween candy and only had one piece-a crunch bar, my favorite! In fact, even though I am allowed to eat meat now, I rarely ever actually do. I can’t believe how fast my habits changed. And that’s why it doesn’t feel challenging anymore.
They tell me I probably only have 2 weeks left on the liquid diet. After that, it will be all about portion control and making healthy food choices. It will probably be hard to go back on a regular diet and still resist the things I know I shouldn’t eat, but I know I can handle it. I believe that if I stopped the program right now, I would continue making healthy choices and would not gain back the weight I have lost so far.

On the plus side, working out has definitely helped improve my fitness. When I started, I could only jog for 2 of the 20 minutes I was on the treadmill. I’m a little embarrassed to admit that seeing that I work in a recreation center with fitness equipment right there. That being said, I can now run for 12 of the 20 minutes. It’s awesome. I will be doing a combination of cardio and weights and hope that I can build muscle mass and level my weight out around 260-265 once I am working out eating regular food.

Maybe I have already started building muscle, or maybe I’m closing in on my weight loss plateau. Either way, this was my smallest weight loss yet. I only lost 3.2 pounds and was not the biggest loser on my Get Fit, Stark! team. No one guessed my weight loss correctly in the contest at the Recreation Center, so the 50/50 pot just keeps growing! I feel like I should let someone in on what I think I’ve lost just so there can be a winner!

I would also like to say that I am very proud of all of my Aultman teammates, the work they have put in to their diets and the results they have achieved. Their stories should be inspirational to anyone looking to get fit and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment