Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Get Fit, Stark! Week 3

All diets eventually come down to one thing: WILL POWER. Mine is no different-that’s what the third week has been all about. I’m still craving meat like crazy and it is getting really tough to down a gallon of water every day. Yes, a gallon of water and yes, it is as boring as you would imagine it to be. I never thought I would say Crystal Light is a lifesaver, but Crystal Life is a lifesaver!

I attended Baldwin Wallace’s Sports Hall of Fame Dinner over the weekend. It was great to see all of my old friends; however, it was not great to see the food table. I felt like I was in a bad dream! The only thing worse than staring at all of that food was turning around and seeing the dessert spread. All I could think was ‘someone please wake me up from this horrible dream!’ I mean all of this delicious food and I couldn’t eat it. Talk about will power. It was worse than last weekend! I skipped one of my drink packets so I could have 3 oz. of roast beef and a small salad. I put some pasta on my plate, but it was just for show – I didn’t eat any of it. People noticed I wasn’t eating like I normally would and I told them all I wasn’t feeling well. For some reason, I am a little embarrassed to tell all of my college buddies that I am on a diet. Let alone a liquid diet. It’s just not the ‘cool’ thing to do I guess.

On a positive note, my dog likes me a lot more now then before I started this diet. See, being the habitual eater I am, sometimes I forget I can’t eat things and I’ll grab a piece of ham out of the refrigerator. Then I remember I am on the diet and toss it to the dog. So it isn’t really me he likes more, just the extra food.

As this goes on and I get more used to my diet, the things that used to be really hard are getting easier. I don’t have a problem cooking the family meals anymore. I just try not to cook meatballs so not to tempt myself. And it helps that people are noticing my weight loss. There is no turning back now that people can see it!

I can finally work out again after five years of being a slug. But I don’t think that’s going to help me have a big weight loss this week. I haven’t been as hungry, so I’ve been skipping some of my supplements because, let’s be honest, sometimes they aren’t the most delicious things in the world. Then I found out that if I don’t eat all of the calories I should, my metabolism plummets and I stop losing weight. So needless to say I’ve started eating/drinking all of my allowed calories again. And if the scale isn’t where I want it to be this week, the scale and Sarah are flying out the window! Hopefully that doesn’t happen tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment